Tuesday, March 22, 2011

March On Beloved, March On



At the beginning of March, a friend showed me Beth Moore's blog, with the entry being "march on". March always seems like a bit of a rougher month- inbetween the holiday hub-ub and summer. I was at a point where I was exhausted and burned out. This entry so encouraged my heart and gave me the theme of March to be "march on". Keep pressing on- keep trucking on!
The past few weeks have brought about some heartache and loss. It's been a rougher season. However, in all the pain, GOD REMAINS FAITHFUL. GOD REMAINS GOOD. How sweet it is to be held in the hands of Aslan. I know that, although I don't understand the circumstance itself, I know God is at work. It's one of those seasons that i don't think I could have "marched on" my own- and i'm so thankful I didn't try- but one where God has carried me. Times of pain are so hard- they're painful- BUT! What sweet moments they are with the Lord. He has drawn me ever close into His loving arms. Truly, God is close to the broken hearted and saves the crushed in spirit.
Psalm 119 has been my life line these past few weeks. I've always loved the word of God, but never has this passage given me so much HOPE. God's word is our HOPE. It revives. strengthens. gives life. gives HOPE.
With God, I know I can keep marching on....even through the mud and rough terrain. Soon He will lead me to the waters of rest.

(Beth Moore's site: www.blog.lproof.org)

On a lighter note, I was shopping in Paia the other day at my favorite boutique and THIS book was on the shelf! It screamed "ALYSSA!" See, here's the deal- I have secretely (and maybe not so secretely) wanted to be a surfer forever! It's my dream to be a surfer- not just talk about it, but actually be good at it. So I have decided that THAT is my goal this summer- learn to surf. And be able to actually go out and do it! I'm diligently reading this book and today I was so engrossed in it, that i jumped when a friend knocked on my door- i totally forgot she was coming over!

No comments:

Post a Comment