Tuesday, November 9, 2010

On Sunday Risa and I walked into our condo and there was Christmas music playing, our Christmas tree was up and the garland was all around the window! Thank you Lisa for making our apartment so warm and cozy. Now, this may sound CRAZY to you- it's only November and we haven't even celebrated Thanksgiving yet! (Which, I am so excited about!) But we decided since we're leaving earlier in Dec. to go to our homes, we would kick off the Christmas season early. And now I'm slowly getting into the warm holiday season- I read my bible this morning under Risa's homemade, warm and comforting crocheted blanket (I love it so much I want to make one!) and am now listening to Josh Groban's Noel CD. I love this season so much because it means i get to go home and be with my parents soon. I have been away from home the past 5 years (how time flies) so Christmas season is so special to me. However, it does make it harder- i miss my parents so much. And even seeing our Christmas tree up in our room makes me really miss Washington and all the evergreen trees and mountains.
And then I go out of our cozy home and go running in the blazing Maui sun! haha I love it- i wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm thankful for the warm weather and gorgeous ocean (kai in hawaiian) but can't wait to be back home too for the short week in December!
ALSO! GOOD NEWS!!!! (did i already post this on my last blog entry...hmmm...i should check into that!) STARBUCKS RED CUPS ARE OUT!!! I look forward to this day every year- it took me by surprise this year; it seemed to come so quickly! And with red cups comes the holiday drinks, including their Gingerbread Latte! I'm just counting down the days til the goodies come in- gingerbread here i come!

starbucks_christmas.jpg

Now doesn't that look so yummy!!!!????

I've been pretty wiped out the past two days. It just seems like life is crazy busy and doesn't slow down. We have Thursday off though for Veteran's day, so I'm really looking forward to that. Hopefully it will entail a long paddleboarding session, some book reading, and sweet rest.

Also, I really miss my parents. There's just something so sweet and precious about your parents. I hold them so tightly in my heart. Lately every time I think about my daddy, tears come to my eyes- I just so love him and am so thankful for his tender heart and how he has always loved on me and pursued spending time with me. And how I love my mama- there's nothing like a mother-daughter relationship. I'm so thankful for her wisdom and how she is a woman of truth and has such a servant's heart. And for her creativity! When I shared my testimony on Thursday night for youth group, I told the kids how blessed I am to have the parents I do- for how they love and follow Christ- how they've taught me how to follow Christ and how they so love and pour into me.

Sigh...on a funny note! (And embarrassing!)
Sunday Risa and I were driving home from church and decided to go through the McDonald's drive thru for a DC. (Diet Coke) She was sharing her heart and then all of a sudden I got a bloody nose! I haven't gotten one of those in so long- we looked frantically through our purses and car for any tissue or napkins- nothing. All we had was a straw wrapper, so I did what I had to- and stuck it up my nose! Oh yes, little glimpses into my life- i'm thankful for moments like that. God has a sense of humor for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment