Monday, November 1, 2010

Thankful

Hello NOVEMBER! I LOVE november! I think nov & dec are two of my absolute favorite months (along with july and august).
I came down with a bad cold last Wednesday after ru
mmaging through the children's resource room with Martin trying to find hoedown wear. It went from a soar throat, to a runny nose, to a cough and now it has settled deep within my lungs and chest. It's a bit tough to breathe- i'm thankful i could go to the doctor's today and just rest.
And as odd as this may sound, i'm actually thankful to be sic
k right now- i mean if i chose a good time, now it is! Being sick kind of reminds me of fall :) I've fallen in love with Safeway's homemade chunky chicken noodle soup- i can't get enough of it. I can cuddle up in blankets and read all day and tonight I watched Char
lie Brown's halloween with Risa.
Being sick also has made me quite sensitive and teary eyed apparently- i was walking through safeway today and tears almost came to my eyes when i saw them putting out the Christmas goodies! And they have Soy hot chocolate! Next pay check I will treat myself to that delicious mix. Christmas goodies means that I get to go home soon and see my wonderful parents! And mama said yesterday that my grandparents are coming to our house f
or Christmas this year!!!! I'm so excited- I haven't seen them in over a year.
My mentor Jeri was really sick last week and encouraged me by her exa
mple of asking the Lord "Lord, what do you want to show me while I'm sick?" Because it is a trial
, and the Lord always works through trials. So I've been trying to be conscious of that too- yesterday morning I was thankful to just spend time praying for others. That was my prayer request the night before- I love how the Lord answers our prayers! I am realizing how selfish I often am, and i so want to be other's- centered- to truly deny myself and put them above myself. How do I do that? That's a prayer on my heart as of late.

Here's a recap of this past weekend:
1. Hillbilly Hoedown Extravaganza- wonderful! It was a hit! The best part though, that i will forever hold in my heart as the BEST hope chapel staff moment ever was when our two wild pigs got lose and the pastors all ran out and chased them all over the parking lot. Jen: "How does one catch a pig!?" Lots of kids came and had a blast. Hay rides, animal zoo (ducks, pigs, bunnies, fish), face paint, bobbing for limes, bean bag toss, dart board, BBQ, line dancing, bowling, All Purpose Peanut Butter skit and the gospel- 2 Cor. 5:17. I was so thankful that we could do the event and that kids came- and for all the leaders who helped. I truly loved every minute of it!
2. Trilogy Cruise with the Interns- Craig, Jake and Janna gave us an intern appreciate day on the Trilogy- Capt. Chris' new boat that they just sailed from Portland. IT WAS A BLAST! Snorkeling, swimming, sun bathing, heart to heart with Craig- my favorite quote of the day was when Steven, Risa and i were lying on the roof of the boat-
Risa: "Oh sun, come kiss me!"
me: "I love sunkisses!"
Steven: "it's more like a sun make out session..."

3. Working in the bookstore Saturday- jeff and I made beards for Kalani's nativity scene- what a hoot! He's making a nativity scene out of the world globes in the bookstore- it was fun to be creative!
4. Halloween- although I was sick, i still got to dress up as the ninja turtles with the girlies- love my roomies! Lisa is so creative- she made them all by herself!
I feel like my heart is so full of thankfulness right now- which is such a gift from the LORD. He is so good and is so faithful. I'm thankful for this time to be sick and reflect on His precious love and care. Psalm 121- not only is God all powerful (my help, maker of heaven and earth) but also gives tireless care- He guards my coming in and going out now and forevermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment