Thursday, April 7, 2011

oh give thanks!



Isn't this so beautiful! ooo! how i long to go back to Santorini one day-

Jill, a woman I dearly look up to, shared with me today how she's reading this book and the author has them write in their journal every moment they're thankful for- as it happens. So, for instance, if she's washing dishes and she looks at the bubbles and how the light reflects them- they're so beautifully crafted by our Lord- she will stop and write down her thanksgiving. She said she is so enjoying slowing down and giving thanks to the Lord for all the "little things". I have been praying that i would have a thankful heart lately. When we have thankful hearts, it helps us rejoice even in times of heartache and struggle. My list for today:
1. Joe Coffee in big yellow mugs
2. a car that has free gas and can drive to the other side of town
3. Jill's encouragement, love- how she rejoices and weeps with Risa and I
4. The ocean breaking on our drive to see jill today.
5. little children's smiles
6. ACAI BOWLS!
7. my friendship with my pastor Craig
8. Sunshine
9. my daily walks with the Lord- there's this new path I found that leads me to the ocean. I am so in love with this walk- the Lord has met me daily as I cry out to him on our walk- and I see all the palm trees, fresh flowers, mountains, paddleboarders, and tourists learning how to surf.
10. Hillsong's cd "Aftermath"

No comments:

Post a Comment