Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm sorry...I am so lagging on this baby! haha, this morning Renee texted me "woman, it's sad when I'm blogging more than you! Get to work!!" SO, this is for you nene! ;)

I can't believe I've been back for 2 weeks! It feels like 2 months! One thing I have realized and I want to work on, is to just soak up my time in Maui- Risa and I walked the path in Wailea on Monday (through all the beaches by the hotels) and I realized I LIVE IN MAUI! AND IT'S ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL! God is just amazes me with how He has poured His blessings on me- I love the beauty of Maui and so I really want to try and be outside more and explore! This morning I ran by Wailea- it really is my favorite place on Maui.

I am back in the swing of things, and am so excited for these next few months. I feel like the first 3 months I was here, I was getting acclaimated and getting to know the girls- but now I have a long stretch to really love on and pour myself out for these girls. And I'm so thankful God has given me specific girls to pursue- one being Michelle, a sophmore, who I ADORE! What a cutie pie. She's in my small group and I just love hanging out with her- she came with us interns on Sunday to Big Beach and we just sunbathed and talked. And last week I had her and Mackenze over for a REAL GIRL'S NIGHT! Risa was there too- we had pizza, junk food, games and a movie- love it!

I've been able to have a couple of coffee dates with some of the seniors, which has been such a blessing. I've realized that they are so busy, so any time I can just encourage and support them, I am so thankful for. And these women amaze me- how they love the Lord and are living lives that are set apart!

Small Group was good last night- I just love teaching the bible and praise the Lord that I get to! What a privilege- we talked about Noah and the flood- it was so cool- I was telling Jeff that I was teaching on the flood yesterday and right then he said it was raining in Oregon and there was a rainbow in the sky! God's promises still remain- how true and faithful He is!

Also, I am starting to think and pray through what to do next year- stay in Hawaii, or move home and maybe do seminary!? Risa and I were talking this morning, and we were just saying we just want to be together! Haha- Risa said this to chris today:
"I just want to be where alyssa is. It's like we're married, but we're not. It's like we're dating, but we're not. You know? We just want to be together- you know when you find that person that you just...connect with? " YES!

Oh and today risa and i went out to lunch and just talked- i love her so much. What a precious blessing she is in my life! God is so good to bless us with the body of Christ!

Upcoming events:
Youth Group tomorrow (I'm teaching next week!!!eeeee!)
Car Wash Saturday
Gettin' ready for Winter Camp in a couple of weeks!!!
Bachelor Monday's with the girlies
Beth Moore bible study on tuesdays
RENEE AND JON FIND OUT IF THEY'RE HAVING A BOY OR GIRL THIS WEEK!!!!!

Off to make car wash signs- love to you all!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are just so precious Alyssa! I love reading your blog! But, side note, Tenley from the Bachelor, I saw her this morning at my church! I think I might be her biggest fan! I hope she is one of your favorites as well!

    ReplyDelete