Wednesday, September 22, 2010

planning an event with brandon...

me: "BRANDON! can we do a hoe down?! i really want to throw a fall party for the high schoolers- line dancing, two step, hay rides, bobbing for apples, face paint...."
brandon: "that's not my ideal event, but okay alyssa...let's see how to work this."
me: "K, well, martin and ryan can do the dancing, jena can do face painting, hay rides in your truck. Maybe the O'briens can bring their horses for rides?"
brandon: "I'll catch a goat!"
me: "a goat!?"
brandon: "ya yea...it can be our mascot for the furnace. We can keep it in the youth room in a cage"
me: "how bout we give it away as a door prize!?"
brandon: "the kids wouldn't know what to do with it."
me: "True..." (i'm thinking of cleaning up after this goat- poop...smell...hmmmm...)

me: "okay, so it's going to be so fun! we can have the horse rides, and dancing..."
brandon: "we can do cardboard surfing behind the go cart"
me: "haha- what!?"
brandon: "and we can have skating behind the church- you know, harvest skating"
me: "let's save the skating for the skate park event!"

brandon "i don't think we should call it a hoe down"
me: "oh yea, i wasn't going too...a fall party? fall frenze?"
brandon: "what about a red neck theme!?"
me: "hmmm....."
brandon: "red neck night-red neck extravaganza"
me: "hmmm....fall frenze?"
brandon: "red neck"
me: "fall frenze"
leslie: "red neck hoe down"
yeah!
brandon "but red neck is more cargo theme..."
me: "hillbilly hoe down"
brandon: "but i really want to say extravaganza"
me: "hillbilly hoe down extravaganza"

done! and we're off....

1 comment:

  1. this is hilarious! im now in the blogging world, thats weird lol

    ReplyDelete