Wednesday, September 15, 2010

This past weekend

OH MY GOODNESS! Risa introduced me to Melona Bars- only the best thing you will ever put into your mouth! They're ice cream bars, melon flavored and they're INCREDIBLE!!! Here's us in our kitchen all enjoying them :)
On our Sunset Cruise- it was beautiful and so fun to hang out with all the Rise people. However, apparently I did not get my Grandpa and Grandma's good genes (the avid fishermen in our family! Or I guess I should say, avid fisherman and fisherwoman :) I definately get sea sick...ugh. After talking for as long as possible, I went to the back of the boat and laid down- but it was so wonderful! There was another girl really sick, so we just sat there together and talked, and then Dave and Steven serenaded us with the guitar as the sun went down :) Haha I loved it- also, I thought of Jonah and the crew on the boat- how they were in the middle of that storm. How awful that would! Not only would you be so incredibly sea sick, but also fearing for your life...anyways! here's us girlies after the boat ride-see, the ginger pills and dramamine and gingerale kicked in after all!

Monday night the Atlan's took me out to sushi for my birthday- so delicious! The best was the dynamite shrimp. They are so sweet! I just love these girls, Amanda and Kayla. Kayla is such a comic relief for me! ha A month ago or so we were at youth group and I was talking to a couple of new girls when Kayla came in and dramatically grabbed my arm, and as she pulled her shirt down she said, "ALYSSA! I was getting into the car to come here and my pants ripped- right down the zipper! And I am wearing my star panties!!!" haha make my life Kayla! i love her!
Leslie made my mama's famous strawberry cake- so delicious. It was a bit different than my mama's- she made it using an old fashioned mixer- the one you have to turn to mix! Crazy girl! yum it was so good! Thanks for the ingredients mama!

Yesterday Jena and I decided to do life journaling for our devotions every day- it's a bible reading plan where you read different passages each day, eventually reading through the bible in a year- you write a verse that sticks out, observe it, apply it and pray about it. All the interns wanted to do it too- I'm so excited! I read Ezek. 38-39, Ps. 145 and Rev. 20 today- it was amazing to see how they all coorelate.

"On the glorious splendor of your majesty, and on your wondrous works, i will meditate" Ps. 145:5

No comments:

Post a Comment