Friday, August 14, 2009

For Real This Time ;)

I know I started to do a blog when I was in Israel last fall (I can't believe that was already a year ago!) but I didn't keep up with it at all- I'm sorry! However, I am going to keep up with this one, so I hope you will visit it here and there and enjoy seeing what the Lord is doing in my life!

So...if you haven't heard yet, I am moving to Maui!!! Yep- pretty amazing! I am leaving August 27th at 8am- and according to my mom we have to be there eeeeaaarllly! I was excited, thinking it was because we'd have our last starbuck's date ;) (which I'm sure we will!), but actually i just need to be early to see if i can bump up to first class...apparently since I've flown so much I'm an MVP! I'm not totally sure what that is, but it is fantastic!
So back to Hawaii- it is such an answer to prayer and a gift that our gracious Father has blessed me with. Hawaii is wonderful- I've always wanted to go, but I am so thankful to go and serve the Lord there because it's EXACTLY what I want to do! I'm going to be interning at Hope Chapel with the high school youth group. Right now, I think I'm going to be helping the youth pastor with whatever he needs, and then hanging out with the girly-goos and going to bible studies, etc. There's 6 other interns who are serving in different ministries, and all of us serve 10 hours of the week at the church with cleaning, the book store, etc. I still am just in awe that the Lord gave me this opp- all I want to do I've decided is disciple girls- and however that looks, I'll do it! So Praise God for this opportunity! I'm so excited to meet the girls in Hawaii and am praying that their hearts would be open to me as my heart would be wide open to them.

I just found out this week who the other interns are, where they are from, and that we'll be living in two condos instead of with host families! As great as host families would have been, I'm excited to stay with the girls and get to know them! It'll be fun :) The other interns are from Indiana, Canada, Kansas, Colorado, and another girl from Washington!

Okay, love to you all!
ps- I found this pic of Leanne, Caitlin and I on the Jordan River today! haha Thought you girls might enjoy this- so funny! I MIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSS YOU TWO!

1 comment:

  1. Awww Lyss...I love the pic!! And I can't wait to hear all about Maui, I am so glad that you are doing this!!

    ReplyDelete