Wednesday, August 26, 2009

it's the eve of!



Today- Washington celebrating my wonderful Dad's 59th birthday!!! (CRAZY- 59! If any of you know my dad, you would think he's in his 40's- young at heart that man is!) and tomorrow...maui, hawaii! I'm flying into Kahului, which everytime I say, I think I'm really saying "Hock a loogee"!

Kahului, Hawaii


As soon as I get into Maui, I'm meeting with Brandon Smith, my youth pastor, for lunch and then I get to see my new home! Then tomorrow night I get to meet all the high schoolers at a Beach Party at 7pm...which will be 10pm your time 'cuz we're 3 hours behind! This is crazy Lord! I have to admit that these past few days have been pretty emotional; it's been extremely hard to say so many goodbyes, and then to think of saying goodbye to my parents tomorrow just breaks my heart. BUT! I know more than ever that God has a purpose for me there and I praise Him that I can serve there for this season. I remember Mark Tatlock saying once in chapel that you find what your passion is, your gifts and talents, and then you go wherever they can use you the most- thank you Lord for making that so! I just have to step forward in faith...please pray for strength and hope for my parents and I in these next few days- I know the Lord is good, and I'm excited to see what He has in store- but it is bittersweet. God gives and takes away, but my heart will choose to say "blessed be Your name"



BUT! Today! Happy birthday Daddy! May I just tell everyone that my dad is a STUD! He loves Jesus with his whole heart and longs to be with Him in heaven- I'll always think of my dad as a man who longs to be with His savior. He is the hardest working man I know- waking up at 3:30am every morning and not getting back some days til 7pm- and He loves my mom and I with his whole heart- he's ever faithful and compassionate. And he always makes me laugh! haha Just yesterday he pulled a stunt with my mom and I- he came up to me and with the most serious face I've ever seen gave me a 100 dollar bill, telling me not to tell mom, but that it's for Hawaii...then I saw that it was a fake 100 bill from comcast!!! oh father! I love you daddy! HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to the best dad in the world! muah~




No comments:

Post a Comment