Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Lord is Gracious and Compassionate

Time flies here! I can't get over it! My heart is full this morning; I don't even know where to begin... well, i guess the beginning is always good :)

Tuesday's small group was so sweet! 4 girls came!! Sofia, Michelle's friend who is a catholic, came back, which was an answer to prayer! And Sheqina came back- which is such a blessing from the Lord. The first time she came I was honestly intimidated by her, and when I was getting ready on Tuesday morning for small groups I thought of her, and prayed that she'd come, although deep down I knew I was still intimidated. However, she came, and the Lord totally changed my heart and gave me such a joy and compassion for her! Praise God! We were talking about Gen. 2- How God provides for us and we are to obey Him, which is our worship. I got so pumped to teach because I had learned so much while preparing. The best part was when Sheqina said, "Man, I never knew Genesis was so interesting!" Michelle: "I know, I thought it was just creation and that was it." Sheqina: "No, it's so good! There's so much here!" My heart leaped for joy! I can't tell you how sweet it is when girl's get excited for the Word of God- truly they are my delight and joy as Paul says about the church in the epistles.

Thursday I made a costco run and helped Amy clean her house for our Progressive Dinner that night with the high schoolers. Amy and I got to sit down and eat lunch together, which was a blessing to my heart- I am so thankful for her in my life; for her honesty and wisdom. Well! Thursday was crazy and I loved it! We celebrated Thanksgiving with the kids, so we all met at Brandon's house for pupus (appetizers), then we went to another house for salad, then another's for dinner, then another's for dessert. At each stop we had a 5 minute devotion on thanksgiving. Amy talked at the first stop about being thankful for Who God Is, then another leader talked on the church, Brandon talked about our nation and we wrote letters to soldiers, and then I talked about friends and family- I loved it! I got to share about the blessing and answer to prayer Risa is in my life- how sweet it is when we have heart to hearts; how God made us relational beings- and there is so much joy in walking life together. The coolest part was how excited the kids were- 70 kids came!! We've been having about 30 kids each week at youth group, so that was huge! Funny story- I told kids that I could give them a ride home (we were aways away) but if you know me, you know I'm not very good with numbers and practicality- so I didn't realize I was the only ride back to Kihei- let's just say I had 11 kids piled into our van! Haha- They were on top of each other and on the ground- with two huge water jugs. Love it! But praise the Lord, they all got home safely :)

Friday was green time- well, Friday honestly I was feeling a bit "blah"- it was more of a quiet day, which I liked, and I love my green time (cleaning) but I was a bit blah- and on the way home-haha-I got a ticket for not wearing my seat belt! It was the weirdest experience- so calm, and quick- literally within 6 minutes he had me pulled over, and ticketed. The funny thing is that you really don't wear your seat belt in Maui- at least we never do. But apparently you should! It was cool though that the Lord helped me to think on 1 Thess. 5:16 & 17 about giving thanks always- in every circumstance. I've been learning that this week in my study- how when we give thanks, we have deep joy and satisfaction in the Lord! So true! Well, when I was ticketed I got to practice that truth- I am thankful it was just a seat belt ticket, and I know it's good- the Lord's protecting me from accidents and I need to obey...the whole experience was just a bit funny and so matter of fact- not much emotion, it just was. "It is what it is" HOWEVER! Last night at church worship was incredible! I was just praying, asking God to come meet me because I didn't honestly feel like worshipping Him, although I know He's so worthy- and He totally did! Our God is so gracious- it was powerful last night, and it brought me to my knees and in tears at how His cross sweetly breaks us, and how I so desire to be so lost in His love.

Then this morning I got to go paddelboarding with Leslie and chat over starbuck's afterwards! She is such an encouragment to me- that I can be so honest and open with her. We're going to start getting together every Saturday morning for paddelboarding and discipleship! I'm so excited- I told her I am really interested in Young Life, and I told her my fears and weaknesses so she's going to walk through me with those and help me with discipling my girls in the youth group.

Oh! And I changed my plane ticket for coming home for Christmas- so I get to be there on the 18th!!! Less than a month- crazy!

This week, through all that happened and what I've been studying, the Lord keeps showing me His grace and compassion. He truly provides for us and blesses us when we obey Him- and what a JOY it is to obey our loving, faithful Father. Oh how I long to be with my Papa- to run into His arms and be held there forever- I can't wait til we meet at His throne as His bride and worship Him with our whole hearts for eternity! He will dwell with us there...

No comments:

Post a Comment