Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Best Summer Day on Maui Yet ;)

Monday is our "wet furnace" where we take the kids somewhere and get wet! This Monday was so fun- before we went, we painted over some graffiti by Brandon's house. The kids did great- it was a easy task that went really fast with all the kids, and yet we had the opportunity to serve the community. I never would have thought to paint over graffiti before, but really it is important to help prevent further gang activity- it was cool to help out and Brandon gave us a painting lesson:) I think I have a lot of practice to do!Then we went to Swinging Bridges out by Iao Valley. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL! I don't think I'll ever stop being amazed at God's beauty here. It was the best hike I've done on Maui yet- you felt like you worked out, and there was a great pool at the end that you could swim in and do a little cliff jumping. However, there were 2 swinging bridges on this hike- which normally would be fine and dandy, but when you're in front of Tyler Blair and Brandon- you fear for your life! haha I was terrified! The bridges aren't that sturdy- especially the second one- and they were jumping on them and swinging them- I felt like I was on Indiana Jones- but I didn't have Indiana Jones to come and save me!
And what better way to end the day than Yogurtland!? Oh yes- how I love you- they had a new flavor- chocolate coconut truffle! yummmm....
Monday night Dicky and Marla had the Smith's, Englert's, Chris and Whitney and I over for dinner to talk about our trip to Hume and our High School trip to LA. It was such a blessing to visit among them and share stories that God accomplished- to laugh and cry together. I am so thankful for our pastor's and the people in our church- they really are family- just as the body of Christ should be. I am staying and doing the internship again next year, but have no idea what I will do the year after- I think the Lord is really teaching me to be completely surrendered and open to whatever He calls me to- if I have to leave Maui though, I think my heart will break a bit- I just love it here- it's my family away from home- the high schoolers, pastors, and friends. I am so thankful that God has given me this season in Maui. Truly, all good and perfect gifts come from Him.







1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun...and ME TOO! That is the best flavor! Girl after my own heart.

    ReplyDelete