Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hello Fall!

This past Saturday I worked in the bookstore and then we celebrated fall! (see, here in maui- since we don't really have seasons, you just have to create them :) Just soakn' it up!) Oh my goodness- I LOVE FALL! I think it's my favorite season (well, no, summer is...then fall) Anyways, since my lovely roomates waited for me to get off work, we couldn't make it to the pumpkin patch upcountry, so of course we did the next best thing...walmart! haha ah yes. We drove into town and picked out our beloved pumpkins, as well as apple cider and candy corn. (You HAVE to have candy corn! I love it because it reminds me of my mama- we never had candy growing up, but we always had candy corn during October and jelly beans during Easter)
We had a bunch of people over- two new girls (yay! praise the Lord! I love seeing the Lord bring new people to Maui and being able to welcome them and love on them.) and carved our pumpkins, baked the seeds, ate pumpkin pie, and just hung out. Haha- carving the pumpkins was amazing! Risa did "808" for Maui- the area code. "808 all day" Lisa carved an adorable girl face with eyelashes, and a heart in the back. Jena and Dave carved a funky pumpkin with geometric shapes! I love them! They were just going at it- and Jeff and I carved a sea turtle, or "honu" in hawaiian.
I'm so thankful for my friends here in Maui- i love the emphasis on community and family, or "ohana" here. Man, and i just can't praise the Lord enough for the body of Christ. What a BLESSING to be apart of the body- to grow, learn, encourage, pray for, speak truth and walk life together in Christ. Thank you Jesus. He is so gracious and faithful.




Also, for those on the mainland- please wrap yourself up in a blanket, put on a football game, and eat chili and cornbread for me! (and go for a brisk walk through fall leaves)

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lyss it's Monday night football tonight. And as soon as the cashew chicken soup is done, I'll make a pot of chili. Good call!
    I miss you and am praying for you little Lyssy.

    ReplyDelete