Sunday, September 20, 2009

Happy 29th anniversary!

Today was our church's 29th anniversary! How exciting- it blows me away to think of how God works when I think of how our church here in Maui got started- it all began with 3 guys who were in their 20's- sold out for God- surfer dudes, saved by God's grace- who wanted to plant a church in Kihei, Maui. (I love it too because it reminds me of my daddy. He was 19 when he came to the Lord; a surfer himself, realizing that he was missing Something in his life) The choir sang and the hula dancers danced to "God of our city" It brought me to tears, it was so beautiful! I feel like I got a glimpse of heaven this morning...

I am so thankful that the Lord so encouraged my heart this morning at church. How sweet it was to worship together and get to talk with some of those at our church. I love looking around and recognizing kids' faces now! It was a huge comfort and blessing from our Lord because my heart has been a bit discouraged this week...just with being sick and feeling a bit homesick. I know God has me here for a reason, and I do love it and am starting to really love those here, but it is still hard to be away from family and friends. But how comforting it is to know that Jesus is with us always, he never leaves us or forsakes us- He is my Love and Light and Joy.

"yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. God, the Lord is my strength. He makes my feet like the deers; he makes me tread on my high places. " Hab. 3:18-20

No comments:

Post a Comment