Monday, September 21, 2009

This is the lovely Rio! She is a stud- totally loves the Lord and loves people. We went out to coffee last Wednesday night and it was so encouraging to get to know her and hear her heart for our Jesus. And...i had a pumpkin spice latte which was like fall in my mouth! Rio is so cute...she told me on Saturday, "Alyssa, I had my first fall moment with you at starbuck's on wednesday!" On Saturday she put together a service project for the high school, so we went to the homeless shelter and reorganized their library. Only two of the kids came, but that's okay! Hopefully more next time :) Please pray that our kids would really have a desire to serve- they love coming on Thursday nights, but it's hard to get them to come to other activities.
Afterwards Rio and I went out to lunch and she got this GINORMOUS burrito from Maui Tacos- haha! I love her so much- she ate the whole thing- so proud :)
Risa, my dearest roomie. I love you so much! It's so crazy how God has blessed us together and how alike we are...down to the perfumes we wear and have worn in the past! haha She is my kindred spirit and so encourages me to seek the Lord and love people. She encouraged me with this verse on saturday, "Look among the nations, and see; wonder and be astounded. For I am doing a work in your days that you would not believe if told." Hab. 1:5We got to go on the Trilogy cruise with our young adults on saturday- it was so beautiful! This is by Lahaina...it reminded me of the picture of my aunt debi and her husband when they went on their honeymoon...

This is my favorite picture yet! I love these guys so much- it's such a blessing to have a family away from family...
love to you all- please let me know what i can be praying about for you!! And let me know what GOd is doing in your lives- He is at work in you and among you- He is doing a work that you would not believe if told!












1 comment: