Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Precious

This morning Amy and I got together- i have decided that wednesdays are definately my favorite day of the week! I love spending time with Amy so much...she just is such an encouragement to me and so open. And she encourages me to keep dreaming and living out God's purpose that He has for me...as I was driving home I was just in awe of God and His hand in my life. I still can't get over that I use to tell my parents that I was going to be a missionary to hawaii, and sure enough- here I am! And believe me, sometimes you feel like a missionary while living in maui! Haha Amy and I were in walmart today, and we totally felt like it as we were buying cockroach bombs for her car! ;) (PS- I killed my first cockroach today...yep! it was a baby one...so it wasn't all crunchy...but it was a big step for me. I was going to let it go but then i thought of little brooklyn and my mom instinct kicked in, and i squashed that sucker!) Anyways, I was just praying on the drive home, surrending my life up to the Lord, asking that His will be done in my life, and if that's living in hawaii for a long while...then okay! I am His vessel and I definately see an opportunity and need here to pour into these girls- and how i would love to stay around to see their fruit! (Is that selfish?)

The Brodster

So the story of the day, which i hope melts your heart as it did mine, is about the little Brodster. (Amy and Brandon's 4 yr. old son) Oh! I wish ya'll could meet him- he's so precious! Everyday I am so tempted to ask brandon to tell me a brody story because he is just the sweetest thing...so!
Last night we had small groups and brody was there. We split up into a guys and girls group, and prayed together. Well the girls finished before the boys, so we got to hear the boys pray, and little Brody prayed for the boys....oh! We girls all quieted down and heard little brody's voice saying with such confidence, "And God, I just pray that you would unify us, and that you would show us your might and power. And I know this is going to be hard God, but I pray that at the end we'd know you more. Amen." AH!

No comments:

Post a Comment