Wednesday, March 24, 2010

God of Impossibilities



"In hope he believed against hope, that he should become the father of many nations, as he had been told, 'So shall your offspring be.' He did not weaken in faith when he considered his own body, which was as good as dead (since he was about a hundred years old), or when he considered the barreness of Sarah's womb. No distrust made him waver concerning the promise of God, but he grew strong in his faith as he gave glory to God, fully convinced that God was able to do what he had promised. That is why his faith was 'counted to him as righteousness'." Romans 4:18-22




I've been studying this passage all month and it has been the coolest thing! This is how God worked it out in my life~


Renee was having a baby shower this past Saturday in Seattle, and I had been so hoping I'd SOMEHOW be able to make it- I prayed a few times, but didn't think it was possible. And! I had so wanted to go to one of Jeff's games on the mainland, and I prayed a little- just whispering my desire to God, but realizing it was impossible with ticket prices and getting time off of work.


Then! A couple weeks ago, mom emailed me asking me if I could come home one weekend in March because Dani at church had given her a stand-by ticket that had to be used up by the end of this month!!!! "WHAT!? NO WAY!" So after much prayer and hope, I asked Brandon for time off and prayed that I would be able to get on the plane- and sure enough, I did! God showed me that He truly is able to do all things- He's the God of impossibilities!


So this weekend, I got to see my parents, be at Nene's shower and see my sweet friends, and go to Jeff's game and hang out with him Monday- the one day he had off from school and baseball- God you amaze me! I am so grateful for His precious gift- a time to be refreshed, encouraged, and grown. I'm speechless at His working~

Nene's shower- with the girlies :)At the game
Jeff and I tootling around Portland


No comments:

Post a Comment